Days 9 & 10

Day 10:  Temple Cat

Day 10, 30x30, one third done, woohoo!!
It just occurred to me today that since I've painted ahead and doubled up a couple of times that I can post in the morning, instead of waiting until the evening when I'm too damn tired. I need to establish a practice, a habit, of getting out to my studio EARLY.  That's when I'm most productive.  But I still enjoy not having to get up early and rush off to work, which is what having to produce a painting every day feels like right now.  Last night I had a teaching nightmare.  Three years out, still?  Really?  It involved not having had coffee, being late for work, and unprepared.  Teacher friends, you know what I'm talking about.
Yesterday I started a more fun, decorative piece.  That one will be up around the 13th.
Habits...so hard to establish, so easy to break.

I was SO tempted to call this one Temple Tabby.  Too corny...?  I took this photo in the courtyard of the Golden Temple.  There were many street dogs in Kathmandu (no, Laura, you can't bring one home!) but I only saw a couple of cats.

Oil on canvas, 8" x 8"

Day 9:  Patan Garden


Oil on canvas, 8" x 8"

Comments

Popular Posts