30 in 30: Day 1 & Day 2

Day 1:Hydrangeas, oil on gessobord, 6"x6"  



Day 2: Favorite View, oil on canvas, 5" x 7"


Things are a little busy right now, so I probably won't be writing as often as I did the first time around.
Hmm, no. That's not the real reason.
This is my second time around doing 30 in 30, so I looked up "sophomore novel" and found this site.
Why a Sophomore Novel is...
The author describes kind of how I feel, "shaken, spooked, and just plain not right." Ha ha.
Last January was my first time out, my first stab at 30 Paintings in 30 Days, and my first solo show ever. I started this blog, and wrote about the experience, and what I learned. Everyone was so kind. A few people actually read my blog, and commented positively. So many people came to my show, and I sold most of my tiny paintings. It was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.

Did I remember to thank you? From the very bottom of my heart?

Here is a bit I wrote that was in the last frame at the show, after painting #30.


GO
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for coming to see my show. I hope that is has inspired you. Friends, fellow artists, and my family: You have all inspired and encouraged me throughout my life.
Thank you.

So, GO.  Pick up that paintbrush, pencil, camera, musical instrument, chisel, tablet, whatever your medium may be, and create!

 
So now I'm doing this again, and oh, shit, I want to run and hide, and not show anyone.  How can you top that first experience? I'm pretty sure the answer is, you can't. Like everyone else who does this regularly, I have to get behind the mule, push some paint around, do some terrible paintings, and just keep going.

Comments

  1. I love seeing your paintings *and* reading your blog, because you're both honest and funny. And humble. I read the article about The Sophomore Novel. I've always heard the phrase in the context of writers and musicians: "REM's sophomore effort did not s disappoint!" You'll go great because you still have so much more to say. (Paint!) Have fun with it. ❣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your paintings *and* reading your blog, because you're both honest and funny. And humble. I read the article about The Sophomore Novel. I've always heard the phrase in the context of writers and musicians: "REM's sophomore effort did not s disappoint!" You'll go great because you still have so much more to say. (Paint!) Have fun with it. ❣

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paintings are absolutely beautiful you are so talented and such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts