Day 13: It's Time
I was having coffee and considering what to paint this morning, when my eye fell upon the box of Christmas ornaments still sitting on the living room floor. We are moving to Croton in the spring. There, I said it. There is a family home there that we can live in.  Fred has already moved several holiday boxes to the Croton house, instead of putting them back up in our attic. The move will allow us to stay local, and be around for our dads.

We really love Peekskill, and we don't want to leave. I love this house so much, and I love our neighbors and our neighborhood. The thought of leaving makes me very, very sad. But, between the mortgage and paying for healthcare, it's prohibitive. And besides, it's just down the road. My friend Debbie moved all the way to Pennsylvania, where she knew no-one, so that she could leave teaching. Surely we can move five and a half miles down the road!

So, it's time to put away Christmas, and time to move forward. The Christmas pickle ornament is one I bought for my daughter Jane years ago.  I hope it indeed brings good luck!

4" x 4", oil on gessobord
I used a 1/8" thick Ampersand museum series panel gessobord today. It has just a little bit of texture, and I really liked how it felt to paint on it. I also bought and used a Kemper Wipe Out tool, which is great. I'm slowly refining my approach, one day at a time, figuring out what is best for my work flow.
I'm going to Boston to see my daughter for two days, so I'm trying to do two paintings each day, today and tomorrow. Then I'll have a couple in reserve. Back upstairs I go!

Comments

  1. At first I thought it was a cucumber - but when I saw it full view - I liked it even better - Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Hey, I am right down the river, in Hastings on Hudson. Grew up in Briarcliff. You'll do ok in Croton, and like you said, it's only 5 miles from your old 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful christmas tree ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work, Peggy. You are an inspiration! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts