30 in 30 III

December 31, 2016

Here we go again, back to work. I've signed up for Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days for the third time. Here's the link, if you'd like to read about it, or sign up! I'd really love to have you join me. Please? Beth DeWit in particular! I'll be in the talented and inspiring company of Lavinia Wiggins, Lori Lamb, and Sharon Kullberg. If you'd like to get to know and follow some excellent artists, follow them!

I did this for the first time in January 2016, and again in September 2016, which was tough. September is the beginning of my favorite season and the weather is perfect. I don't want to be indoors, and I hate painting outdoors. (Don't try and talk me into it.) I don't know if I'll ever get over being uncomfortable with people watching me work.
  
I've chosen to do people and figures this time around. I've got loads of photographs to work from, so there's plenty of subject matter at hand! "You really should paint from life," I've been told so many times. I know, I know...but realism is so hard. If you've noted the very busy background and colors I've chosen for the current blog, you may guess where I'm going with this month.

I guess I should wish you a Happy New Year. Without further commentary (and I'm not inviting any discussion here) I'll quote something I read on Facebook the other day: "I'm staying up until midnight so that I can watch 2016 die."
Here's my wish for us all in 2017.

Off to A.C. Moore to buy some canvases!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts