Day 29: Jersey Peach
...for our Jersey Peach, Jeanie Taylor Guaragna! A New York girl living in a Jersey world, she enjoyed the peaches this summer. These peaches are actually from central Pennsylvania, but this one's for Jeanie, thus the title. I'm giving to her for Christmas, SHHHH, don't tell her!
Oil on gessobord, 6" x 6"


I haven't had the time or inclination to post here since Day 2. It's impossible to really view the work via the 30 Paintings in 30 Days site, because it just bounces you here. Where you may have gone, and heard...crickets...hopefully not this kind!! (See Day 10's painting, if I ever get it up here, Camel Cricket Cottage.) Watch if you dare, these are pretty horrifying creatures.

I hope to update this eventually, with all 30 of this go-round. We'll see, some of them were pretty terrible. But, as Ed Burke once said, "You're going to do a lot of shitty paintings!" And fellow gardeners, we all know what makes things grow best!


 

Comments

  1. My Jersey Peaches painting has found a special place in our apartment. (And my heart!) I love looking at it, knowing it was painted for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts