Days 21 - 22
Catching up.

Day 22: For Kathy

4" x 4", oil on gessobord

I cut these from a hydrangea late this past fall. It was the most beautiful fall ever. I remember my mother-in-law Kathy Gillen fondly whenever I see hydrangeas. I remember to trim them back severely every year, because she told me, "Hydrangeas just want to be ten feet tall!" I also remember her cutting the flowers from the hydrangeas in front of the house in Croton. She trimmed the leaves below the water line of the vase, then began to arrange them on the counter, Andy Goldsworthy-style. I miss her a lot.

Rivers and Tides -Full- Andy Goldsworthy Documentary 2003


Day 21: Sketchy Pitcher 
I tried to paint a little looser today, and not fuss too much over blending.

4" x 4", oil on gessobord

And this: I was prepping a couple of gessobords for tomorrow, and this happened.

Who knows where this will go.


I can't thank you all enough for your support and encouragement throughout 30 in 30!

Comments

Popular Posts