Day 8: Cheeky
I was going to call him Old Crow, but he has such an attitude, this little guy. Cheeky. I love crows. He's another in my collection of odd figurines. Hmm, 22 more days to go, I may need to go looking for more!
This is a long one today, sorry. But I'm jotting down notes all over the place, and I hope it will be helpful (for me) to refer back here.
I've learned so much already in just eight days. Make that nine, I did one on 12/31 to get past the fear of beginning, and to save for a day when I can't paint.
Lessons learned:
1. DON'T BE CHEAP with paint, in quality (thank you, Carol Marine, and my husband Fred) or quantity on the palette. You'll just have to buy more, and mix more.
2. Don't mix at the bottom of the palette. It gets on your sleeves. That's probably how that brilliant blue got on the white shelf in the refrigerator.
3. That little ceramic brush holder you saw at Blick and didn't buy (because you thought it was extravagant, and for painting-princesses, or something) has a purpose. It keeps the brushes from rolling into globs of paint then getting all over your hands.
4. I'm using the same blue paper for all my backgrounds until I get the color right. Practice, practice, practice!

4" x 4", oil on canvas

No more paint in the refrigerator.

Comments

Popular Posts