Day 27: Down the Garden Path

4" x 4", oil on gessobord

I took the reference photo for this painting at the New Jersey Botanical Gardens several years ago. My husband played an outdoor gig there, and I got to stroll the grounds. It was beautiful.
I was going to say that I took some liberties with this, but in looking at the photo, I didn't really go too far off track. I just didn't fuss over how accurate my drawing was!


One of my favorite books: The Secret Garden

I revisited Leslie Saeta's blog today, and noticed that the number of participants has dropped off considerably since the first day. There were 639 posts on Jan. 1. There were 358 on day 15. Yesterday: 290. Once again, I salute the working people (which is probably most of  you) who have soldiered on all month long. I sure as hell couldn't have done this if I didn't have the luxury of being retired!

Comments

Popular Posts