Day 25: Silver
4" x 4", oil on gessobord
This is a creamer from a set that was one of my parent's wedding gifts. Note to self: painting late in the day is even harder. Avoid it whenever possible!
I had trouble making gray. This happened after I read a blog which led to this book:
The Language of Energy in Art: Finding Your Vision
I know I need to do some real study about color some day, among other things. Charlotte Wharton, the author, has some great information right on her website about basic color mixing. The book I mentioned above got rave reviews. Thoughts? Anyone read it? I'd love to be able to paint like this:
Alden Harring by Charlotte Wharton
Tonight was kind of frustrating. Fred suggests I paint "something weird" tomorrow. Good plan!

Comments

  1. I think it's beautiful. I really admire your committment to your craft.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts