Day 23: Our truest life
...and I thought painting fabric was hard, *whew*, paper was even worse! Recently I found a jar full of odds and ends, including these fortunes, in my mother-in-law Kathy's studio. I brought them home, intending to make a collage for her, about her. I think a collage might have been easier!
The fortunes are all very positive. The one that landed on top of the pile in this box says, "Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."

The best lesson that I've learned and embraced during these last 23+ days is, if it's wrong, WIPE IT. The underpainting, a color that looks wrong on the canvas, just re-do it. It's worth it! My little rubber Wipe Out tool is the best for fixing work on smooth surfaces like the gessobords.

4" x 4", oil on gessobord
Today was the first real snowy day here in the northeast. I think we got about ten inches, all in all. It was kind of nice to be snowed in!

Comments

Popular Posts