Day 16: Mushroom
From a photograph taken at the Peekskill Riverfront a few years ago. I had a very, very hard time picking a subject and getting started this morning. No one said this was going to be easy (or fun). 30 in 30 sure is kicking my ass.
My second mistake (the first one being not having a subject ready) was grabbing a piece of claybord, oh boy. It did not occur to me to prime it. BIG mistake. The paint got sucked right in. I had to do several coats. Not fun. At least it was easy to scratch my signature on the bottom. Well, it's done. That is all.

4" x 4", oil on claybord
I like how the background came out.

Comments

  1. The mushroom is beautiful. It reminds me of some mushrooms that I photographed in my backyard in Mahopac. If you get stuck with ideas of what to paint, I have lots of photos that I took this summer while trying to improve my photography skills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts