Day 12: Pick Me!
...shouted this little stuffed cat from the floor of my studio. Yesterday's painting had to be done quickly, so I saved him for today, when I had more time. He's from (another) trip to Vermont with my friend Angela. Yes, I'm 58 years old, have no grandchildren yet, I don't teach anymore...I buy stuffed animals for myself. So should you! Painting fabric is a little tricky, but I really enjoyed using these bright colors.

4" x 4", oil on canvas

I'm kind of sloppy with paint, and I know it's not good to get it (or thinner) on my skin. Repeated washing was making my dry skin worse, so I tried painting with gloves on today. It went fine, so I'll continue. I picked up many great tips from Carol Marine's book Daily Painting. On her recommendation, I use my old household favorite Murphy's Oil Soap to clean my brushes, and a cut-open tennis ball to rub the brushes in.

Cleaning tools

I felt a little less fearful and anxious about painting today, yay! Dear readers, your positive feedback has been very encouraging, thank you.

I like how the brushes got stained with pigment.


Comments

Popular Posts